Recreation Activity Center Expansion/Renovation
Statesboro, Ga. (Georgia Southern University)
Size: 120,000 SF addition (201,870 at completion)
Date of completion: 2006
Sustainable Design Consulting, LEED Project Administration services, Green Housekeeping & Site Management Program
The expansion of the University’s Recreation Activity center includes additional space for indoor courts, weight/fitness room, indoor pools, and other specialized spaces. The project also included an expansion and upgrade of outdoor fields.
Sustainable Design Features:
- Storm water capture and treatment for landscape irrigation and removal of 80 percent total suspended solids and 40 percent phosphates
- Thirty percent more energy efficient than minimum requirements
- Local and regionally manufactured and harvested construction materials
- Improved indoor air quality through the use of low and no volatile organic compound-containing materials in construction and finishes
- Green Housekeeping and Site Management
- Owner: Georgia Southern University
- Architect: Lyman Davidson Dooley, Inc.
- Contractor: Turner Construction Company
- Civil Engineer: Jordan Jones & Goulding, Inc.
- Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Engineer: Nottingham Brook & Pennington, Inc.
- Commissioning: EMC Engineers, Inc.
- LEED Project Administration: Commissioning & Green Building Solutions, Inc.